Be Part of Something Amazing
Role: Software Architect
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
As the software architect, you will be responsible for the end-to-end development and evolution of the software architecture of the Shoof system. This includes working with the CEO, CTO, and customers to align customer requirements to the Shoof product roadmap. The Shoof technology stack consists of hardware, firmware, mobile application, and cloud applications.You will be architecting and delivering solutions for large-scale deployments for some of the largest industrial companies in the world.
- Lead and coordinate the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction across the product portfolio or product line.
- Analyze design and develop a roadmap and implementation plan based upon a current vs. future state in a cohesive architecture viewpoint.
- Review and/or analyze and develop architectural requirements at domain level within product portfolio or team.
- Contribute to the development of software and data delivery platforms that are service-oriented with reusable components that can be orchestrated together into different methods for different businesses.
- Lead the research and evaluation of emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support actives.
Required Technical Skills
- Experience as a software architect, creating and promoting architectural initiatives, balancing long-term strategy with short-term customer needs. Natural ability to speak and write effectively at all organizational levels.
- Experience building real-time data architecture and best practices. Familiarity with Kafka/Kinesis, Hadoop/Spark, DynamoDB/Cassandra, Redshift/Vertica, etc.
- Solid understanding of data architecture, analytics, and machine learning patterns.
- Provide technical and architectural leadership across the Software Engineering team.
- Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovations that improve system availability, resilience, and performance.
- Solid understanding of High Availability, Systems Design, Architecture, Cloud Technologies, Databases, Open Source and Web technologies.
- Design and implement next-generation product offering and customer solutions.
- Understanding of Mobile Application development on iOS and Android.
- Strong understanding of embedded firmware, Bluetooth stack, telemetry, and low-power management.
- Experience developing code with AWS, and AWS IOT-based solutions.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and associated tools.
Desired Interpersonal Characteristics:
- Participates in domain technical and business discussions relative to future architecture direction aligning with business goals.
- Gathers and analyzes data and develops architectural requirements at project level, aligning architectural requirements with software development strategy.
- Reviews and develops technical exceptions and makes architectural recommendations to customers and internal business/technical teams.
- Develops, motivates and technical team to create an innovative team environment.
- Collaborates with project management on reporting project status, issues, risks and benefits. Meets with project leaders and software development leaders to ensure progress towards architectural alignment with project goals and requirements.
- Ensures understanding of issues and presents clear rationale.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 6 years of experience as a software architect, and 5-plus years of experience as a software developer.
- Proven experience translating business requirements into technology solutions.
- Experience working across the full stack of a Cloud platform, web applications, from database to browser code, embedded firmware, mobile applications to provide high quality, high availability, solution across the solution stack.
- Strong software design skills and knowledge of disparate technologies.
- Strong knowledge of capabilities and features of cloud-based environments such as AWS/AWS-IOT, Google App Engine, or Microsoft Azure.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and associated tools (Jira), CI/DC, TDD.
Embedded Firmware Engineer
Role: Embedded Firmware Engineer
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Develop, enhance, and maintain embedded systems, algorithms, and firmware for Shoof products.
- Collaborate with others to design, change, and improve existing and future Shoof products.
- Perform system-level analysis, characterization, and failure analysis of Shoof products.
- Contribute to architecture, interface, and requirements definition in current and future products.
- Develop RTOS firmware and/or bare metal environments for ARM (Cortex-M0/M4) based embedded systems.
- Familiarity with C, embedded Linux, Python, etc.
- Strong knowledge of embedded security practices and encryption.
- Strong knowledge of hardware interfaces (SPI, UART, DMA, etc.) and embedded sensors (accelerometers, ADCs, etc.).
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent related combination of degree and/or experience.
- Experience in power consumption management and optimization strategies.
- Experience with collaborative development version control software such as Git.
- Experience in low-power wireless protocol implementations (e.g. BLE)
- Working knowledge of related lab equipment, oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, etc.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment.